I did not comment on the Presidential debate last week because it was so apparent that Obama lost, even with moderator Lehrer attempting to throw Obama a lifeline. Seemed unfair to pile on.
I just finished watching the Vice Presidential Debate. My observations:
1) Joe Biden understands the theory of convincing lies. Have an element of truth and feel free to lie thereafter with a straight face.
2) When someone says, "Here's the facts..." he is lying. Joe lied and lied and lied. Lied about Obamacare, lied about the Obama position on Israel (repeatedly), lied about Medicare cuts, lied about foreign policy with regard to "Arab Spring", lied about sanctions on Iran, lied about job creation.....
3) Paul Ryan failed to reframe a lot of essential questions. It is not the "Bush tax cuts" for anyone after the tax policy has been the law of the land this long. Ryan should have labelled it the "Obama tax increases on job creators". Ryan should have pressed Biden on the Obama deficits, the Obama job losses, the Obama boondoggles (Solyndra, selling Chrysler to Fiat, Government Motors, etc, etc, etc), his disrespect to Israel, support for Islamist regimes worse than the ones they replaced (Mubarak, Ben Ali), assisting in deposing Syrian President in favor of Islamists. I could go on and on and on.
4) Martha was the most biased moderator I have seen in the 20+ years I have been following debates. She repeatedly cut Ryan off to allow Biden to interrupt, and never stopped Biden from interrupting.
5) Ryan failed to tell Joe Biden to shut up and wait his turn. Biden's rude conduct was unPresidential.
6) Biden may be a moron, but he is the best pathological liar I have ever seen. Obama could actually learn from Sheriff Joe.
For those ignorant of the actual facts, it looks like Sheriff Joe won the debate. For anyone familiar with the Obama/Biden record, Joe blithely lied his way through the debate.
UPDATE: I'm not the only one who noticed how much Biden was lying: http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/10/11/Joe-Biden-Lie-Detector
Also, polls are generally showing Ryan as the winner, despite Biden's petulant outbursts: http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/10/11/CNBC-Poll-Ryan-Crushes-Biden-56-36 and http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/10/11/cnn-poll-on-debate-winner-ryan-48-biden-44/ both from left of center outlets, CNBC and CNN.