Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year! and Resolutions

Happy New Year to everyone! 

Although there is plenty of reason for doom and gloom out there, what with Obama still being president, Bernanke still printing money, etc., I am hopeful that this will be a better year than 2010. 

May all the unemployed find good jobs, the homeless find homes, the unsaved find Salvation, and may the godless federal reserve and its big bank cronies be brought to their knees.

I won't hold my breath waiting for those things to happen, and will instead concentrate on my personal resolutions for the New Year.

My New Year's resolutions:

1.  Quit smoking.  Time's up for this unhealthy and expensive habit.

2.  Organize and catalog my preps:  food, gear, guns/ammo, etc.

3.  Consolidate my car collection down to a daily driver, a small pickup, and a four-wheel drive.

4.  Clean out my storage unit, organize what I am keeping, sell or give away the rest.

5.  Research and try out recipes for long term storage food.

6.  Start a part-time home business as a hedge against the economy.

I think these resolutions should keep me fairly busy through 2011.  The quitting smoking will probably be the most difficult.  I have quit smoking a number of times in the past fifteen years, only to start again when I get stressed.  This time, my determination is different than before. I am more concerned about my health, the money spent on tobacco, and about going into an uncertain future with a tobacco addiction.

The remaining resolutions are an extension of my projects from 2010.  I might actually get them done this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment