Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Mo'flappuh

Sorry, couldn't think of a good title. My significant other uses "mo'flappuh" as a punctuation word like some use "motherf****r". Keeps floating around in my head, so I thought I would use it. More or less just post-mini-vacation random thoughts.

I got back last night from a four day camping trip into the wilds of the Panhandle National Forest in North Idaho. Beautiful area. Not pristine, but somewhat removed from civilization. The only amenity at the campsite area is a concrete outhouse. I love the serenity of the place, and the fact that there is no cell phone reception for miles around.

I have been out of the loop for the better part of a week, as I quit keeping up on things a few days before we left on our trip. The preparation for a family camping trip is something else. I do most of the packing and preparation for the family. I tend to overpack, as I will not leave the campsite and drive back to the nearest town just because I forgot something. I also prepare for the possibility that we may be there for a couple of extra days in case something happens.

I took the opportunity to test a couple of new pieces of equipment. A lot of my preps consist of camping-type gear, stuff that can be used when there is no power, running water, etc. I will post my own reviews of these things in the next few days.

Scanning some of the news and blogs this morning, I see that the s**t keeps gradually getting deeper, while King Soetoro and the royal family keep mugging for the camera while mugging the populace. My friend in the intelligence community says that something is likely to happen prior to the "election". Looks like he may be right.

Time to get back to work. Stuff piles up around here when I am gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment