Thursday, August 26, 2010

Workday EDC


Monday through Friday I play the part of the urban professional, and I have had to adjust my everyday carry in consideration of the office environment and the likelihood of going through metal detectors and being subject to security restrictions several times a day.

The above photo shows my everyday carry items during the workweek, from left to right:

My keys, with my travel/motor club registration and a P38 can opener.

My trusty pen, mightier than the sword during the hours of 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

MXDL AAA LED twisty flashlight.

BIC lighter.  For my smokes, burning off stray threads, many other uses.

Large and small paperclips that I keep in my wallet, handy for a lot of uses including opening a stuck CD-ROM drive.

Small sewing kit that I keep in my wallet for sewing on buttons, mending tears in clothing.

Zenolite 2x2016 LED flashlight.

Minichamp Swiss Army knife.

Thumbdrive (will vary depending upon what cases I'm working on).

Pocket flosser/toothpick.  Not just for teeth.  The pick end is handy for cleaning small items.

Not shown:  I invariably have a paper towel wadded up in my pocket.

On the weekends and other days off I add a few more items, such as a larger knife, a multi-tool, my pistol, and a spare magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment