Saturday, October 23, 2010

Random Thoughts

Juan Williams.  I've always liked Juan because he added an air of rationality and dignity to the liberal side.  Something that Alan Colmes always strived for but never could attain.  I repeatedly disagreed with Juan's positions, but he was the type you could disagree with at the same time you had a beer with him.  Very, very rare among liberals.  Juan found out what happens when you dance with the devils:  you get burned.  You associate with irrational bigots, and eventually you are associated with them.  The irony is that the bigots were calling Juan a bigot.  Of course, this close to the election, the shrill, closed-minded, hysterical, emotional, illogical "progressive" left is exposed for what it is at a time less than beneficial for their cause.  Thank you, Juan, and good luck at your new/old job at Fox. 

Patty Murray.  My tirade against Washington's Asshat Extraordinaire Senator Patty Murray might be getting a little old, but I will not relent until that ignorant, marxist twit is gone.  Latest Dino Rossi ad reminded me of something incredibly relevant, more relevant that Patty Moron's belief that abundant abortions are essential to the functioning of society.  Dino's latest ad has audio of Patty Murray claiming that she not only read the Obamacare bill, but that she helped write it.  Go to that link. Should we all presume that Asshat Patty also read and helped write the $800,000,000,000.00 Porkulus bill that created no jobs?  I think it is safe to give her credit for that.   Rossi is within range of taking out this wart on America's ass, but Murray has the illegal aliens out in force to scare up votes (the dead people move too slow, the imprisoned have other commitments, and the insane just won't follow directions.).

Preps.  I had been looking for a rifle with a longer range than 7.62x39 and 5.56x45 are capable of.  Problem is, I did not want to spend a lot of money, wanted something simple, wanted something with iron sights, and wanted something where ammo was currently plentiful and cheap.  After checking around a bit I finally settled on the Mosin-Nagant.  I bought a specimen in excellent refinished condition for under $100.00 (I know that I missed the boat from when even Big 5 was selling them for $69.00.  I will pay more attention to surplus rifles in the future.)  I bought a spam can of 440 rounds for about $85.00, and will probably buy another mosin and a few cans of ammo before the end of the year if the economy holds up (self-employment can suck sometimes).  I got an added bonus when I went to pick up my mosin.  The store owner asked me if I wanted to buy an SKS.  I asked how much.  He said $150.00.  I was interested, and ended up walking out with a beautifully maintained Norinco SKS, missing only the bayonet and cleaning rod.

Other News.  Somthing Glenn Beck said the other night caught my attention.  The national debt ceiling, which was raised by over $1,000,000,000,000.00 by democrats to something like $14,200,000,000,000.00, will have to be raised again sometime in February or March of 2011.  This was purposefully set up by democrats.  The dilemma for Republicans, if they control congress, will be to add further sanction to the willy-nilly printing of money to cover the national debt and appear to have no principles, or to adhere to principles and refuse to raise the debt ceiling which might have the effect of causing panic/collapse in the markets and pandemonium in the streets.  Interesting.  Could that be the galvanizing event?  We'll have to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment